My name is Devon Peticolas; I'm an NYC-based Data Generalist who loves functional programming, programming history, and building environments that foster compelling data science. I often speak at conferences and meetups about Data Science and Engineering.
In my spare time, I'm working on perfecting my mint chip ice cream recipe.
- 2022 - Apache Beam Summit - "Detecting Change-Points in Apache Beam" (slides, video)
- 2021 - Apache Beam Summit - "Batch-Mode Late-Data Processing for Streaming Pipelines" (slides, video)
- 2020 - NYC Apache Airflow Meetup - "Local Airflow Development at Oden" (slides)
- 2019 - ICDM 2019 (Beijing) - "Mímir: Building and Deploying an ML Framework for Industrial IoT" (slides, paper)
- 2019 - NYC Apache Beam Meetup - "Spanning the Cloud and Factory with Apache Beam" (slides)
- 2019 - NYC Apache Airflow Meetup - "Machine Learning for Manufacturing with Airflow" (slides)
- 2019 - Time-Series Data NY - "Oden ♡ Bigtable" (slides, video)
- 2018 - Internet of Things (IoT) NY - "Bringing the Cloud to the 4th Industrial Revolution" (slides, video)
- 2017 - Pycon Japan (Tokyo) - "How (and Why) We Speak in Unicode" (slides, video)
- 2016 - Clojure/West - "One Million Clicks per Minute With Kafka and Clojure" (slides, video)